Monday, March 30, 2009

Decision time!

As a follow up to my "Time" post, I have again found myself running out of it and having to make a decision.

You see for the last 6 years I have been a University Student. Not a good one either, or I would have finished my degree. Circumstances of the past few years has meant that I am constantly deferring my studies, withdrawing from units and as such after my 6 years - I'm still a 2nd year student.

I did enrol this year and tomorrow is crunch time for withdrawing from units without recording it as a fail. I opted out of 1 subject today (Criminology) and toyed with the idea of trying to actually get through my other subject (Ethical Communication & Citizenship).

The real truth is that I don't want to study - at least not these subjects. Trying to study as mature aged student is difficult but when you throw in a child with a disability, a household to run and an unsupportive DH, parents to care for and a job and you are fighting an uphill battle.

So I'm about to take a look over my study guide and decide whether or not I could actually make an attempt to do this subject. I'm tipping no. I took a look at my schedule today - and quite frankly, I don't have time to factor in a breakdown.

No comments: