Sunday, August 3, 2008

Difficult Decisions

Let me start right off by saying I am the world's worst decision maker. I either jump right on in or procrastinate to the nth degree. Neither is working for me ;)


I have come to a decision these past few weeks that needs to come into force sooner rather than later.


That is..........I am going to leave my relationship of almost 8 years. There are no tales of sorid affairs, vicious arguments or anything of the sort. I can't even say 'we grew apart' because I really don't think we had 'it' to begin with.


What we have is a tale of two people who really stayed together because they had no-one else. Throw in a child with a disability and you have the ingredients that will make you stay far longer than if you didn't.


Our son is 5 and has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. He won't understand any of this 'adult stuff' - infact it's hard to say whether the change will affect him at all.


So here I am 39 years of age - about to be single (again). Clearly I'm not good at this marriage/relationship stuff. Or maybe I'm sick of being a doormat. I don't quite know yet.


I'm scared of the change.......but I'm going to do it anyway.

No comments: