Thursday, April 2, 2009

L's Easter Gifts

I asked L if he would like to give easter eggs to the children in his class. "Yes!" was the response.

He is in a small class of 7 students (including him) and all have various forms of Autism.

I asked his teacher if it would okay for him to distribute the eggs tomorrow before they break up for the Easter holidays. I got a list of who is allergic to what and any dietary preferences.

Armed with that, I went hunting for:-

Gluten Free / Dairy Free Eggs
Nut Free Eggs
& just plain old Easter Eggs :o)

I've put labels on the eggs and because L is learning to read, he will be able to hand over the eggs himself (with some help). I've even included one in the bag just for him and a spare one incase one gets broken. Let's pray it isn't the gluten free/dairy free egg that bites the bullet. That sucker was hard to find.

It's hard to say what the reaction of the other kids will be, but I know L will enjoy the experience of giving them out.

No comments: